Micro Needling with Derma Roller for Hair Loss
Top Micro Needling Tips for Hair Loss and Hair Growth
Micro needling (derma roller) triggers your body’s wound healing response. Research Studies have shown that wound healing can stimulate the production of proteins that are responsible for the development of new hair follicle. It can stimulate blood circulation and increase nutrients to your follicles, resulting in new hair growth.
This can potentially lead to significant improvement for people with male pattern baldness and alopecia. Click the link below to read the entire research studies.
In this article, I will reveal effective micro needling techinques by using a derma roller for hair loss. For optimal results, please follow the advice outlined below.
Table of Contents
Important Micro Needling Derma Roller Tips for Hair Loss
- The size of needle chosen will depend on how much hair remains on the head. This method of treatment requires shorter needles than when you are using microneedling for collagen treatments.
- If hair is sparse, such as in men who have lost their hair and have shaved the remainder off, use of 0.25mm to 1.0mm rollers are considered the best option.
In the treatment of women with thinning of the hair but the hair on the remainder of the head is quite long, use of a dermastamp is preferable to a roller. This will prevent the hair from becoming caught and pulled within the roller.If a roller must be use, wet hair prior to treatment to help it remain flat and decrease the likelihood of it becoming entangled in the device. Roll only in one direction as this will also make it less likely that hair becomes caught in the roller.
- Use of a dermastamp takes more time than a roller and it is important to ensure that you have covered each section of the head adequately.
- Apply products such as Minoxidil, Rogaine or Copper Peptide prior to needling the scalp. Products such as Rogaine are typically used topically for hair loss as they inhibit the effects of DHT which has been directly linked to hair loss. It is best to start out with 2% Minoxidil before using 5% because the higher concentration can cause irritation. Copper Peptide is known to stimulate the development of new follicles, which lead to hair growth.
- Those treating hair loss in their own home must understand that hair restoration is an on-going issue that will require regular use of any products or treatments for optimal results. This will also help to avoid future hair loss and keep hair as thick and full as possible.
Micro Needling Derma Roller Techniques for Hair Growth
- Massage the hair restoration product directly onto the scalp to ensure full coverage.
- Use the dermastamp or microneedle roller beginning at the front of the head at the hair line and work your way down the back of the head.
- Repeat this process from front to back until you have covered all areas.
- Roll or stamp each area 10-15 times to ensure adequate coverage and absorption your product.
- Apply the Hair restoration Spray to the treatment area again. Massage this gently into the scalp.
What Size Derma Roller for Hair Loss?
The best way to treat hair loss is to use 2 different derma rollers of various sizes. You use a roller with smaller needles to boost the absorption of your topical scalp treatment products on a weekly basis. You use a roller with longer needles to promote follicle and hair growth by producing endothelial growth factor on a monthly basis.
To boost absorption and efficacy of your topical treatment product, you should use 0.25 to 0.3 mm roller. You can use 0.25mm roller every other day or everyday only if your skin can tolerate daily treatement.
To stimulate endothelial growth factor production for follicle and hair growth, you can use 0.5 to 1.5 mm rollers. You can use 0.5mm once per WEEK or once per Month. On the other hand, 0.75 to 1.0mm can be used once per MONTH.
For 1.5 mm roller, you can only treat your scalp once per month with professional supervision only. Warning: 1.5mm is extremely painful. You might need microneedling numbing cream.
Important Note for Derma Roller Needle Size:
Many users use Minoxidil with dermaroller procedure. It is highly recommended that you use smaller needles such as 0.25mm to 0.3mm to boost the absorption of Minoxidil.
NEVER apply Minoxidil immediately after a micro needling treatment with longer needles such as 0.5 to 1.5mm. Wait 24 hours before applying. This will greatly prevent the active ingredients from absorbing deeply into your scalp and causing irritating side effects.
How Often to Use Derma Roller for Hair Loss
Remember, you will need to use a smaller roller to boost the absorption and efficacy of your topical products (0.25 to 0.3mm). This is to prevent further hair loss.
You will also need larger roller to promote hair growth (0.5 to 1.5mm). You can use the following treatment schedules as a guideline.
Single treatment of 0.75 or 1.0mm microneedle roller
|Week 2||0.75 or 1.0mm|
|Week 3||Off Day||Off Day||Off Day|
Multiple treatments of 0.75 or 1.0mm microneedle roller
|Week 1||0.75 or 1.0 mm||0.25mm||0.25mm|
|Week 3||0.75 or 1.0mm||0.25mm||0.25mm|
Multiple treatments of 0.5 with 0.25mm microneedle roller
Single treatment of 0.5 or 0.75 or 1.0mm with 0.25mm microneedle roller
|Week 1||0.25mm||0.25mm||0.5 or 0.75 or 1.0mm||0.25mm|
How to Use Derma Roller for Hair Loss?
You should always wet your hair before a treatment and roll 2 to 3 times only in various directions (horizontal, vertical and diagonal). Wetting your hair will minimize your roller from getting tangled up with hair and prevent you from pulling your hair out.
To prevent over irritating your scalp and increase recovery time, roll with moderate pressure only. Do not roll forcibly. Rolling forcibly can lead to needle marks.
Also, do not drag across your scalp with unnatural movement of the roller. This can lead to scratches. Avoid rolling your scalp forcibly as this will increase irritation and recovery time.
Derma Roller for Hair Loss Results
Research with microneedling were shown to improve hair loss along with the use of Minoxidil or L-ascorbic acid. An increased in hair growth as well as thickening of the hair were also reported.
Although the derma rolling results were shown to be effective, you might not obtain the same improvement due to genetic, sex, diet, age and health condition. Also, several patients were treated by professionals.
Micro Needling for Hair Loss Side Effects
Many successful microneedling research studies were done with topical treatments. Topical products such as Minoxidil or Rogaine were commonly used.
Since these products use alcohol as one of their ingredients, and derma roller treatment causes your skin to lose moisture, side effects such as irritation, dryness and itchiness are quite common. Topical products that don’t contain alcohol are highly recommended. This will greatly minimize side effects.
Numerous users apply Minoxidil immediately after a micro needling treatment. You should ONLY apply Minoxidil after a procedure with 0.25mm to 0.3mm needles to boost its absorption.
However, you should NEVER apply Minoxidil immediately after a treatment with longer needles such as 0.5 to 1.5mm. This will prevent the chemical from entering into your body and causing side effects. Wait at least 24 hours before applying Minoxidil.
Why I am not Seeing Results?
Several factors can effect your results such as genetic, stress, diet and growth cycle. If you are going through tremendous stress or have a poor diet, no treatment can prevent further hair loss and trigger new growth.
The most important factor is growth cycle. Each hair follicle goes through 3 stages of growth cycle. They are Anagen, Catagen and Telogen.
In Anagen Stage, your follicle will produce hair for 2 to 5 years. It is generally longer for Asian people and can last for 7 years. In Catagen Stage, your follicle will stop producing hair for about 10 days. In Telogen Stage, your hair will fall out from the follicle and then remain inactive for 3 months.
If your follicles are going through either Catagen or Telogen Stage, derma roller treatment might not trigger maximum hair growth. In addition you might continue to experience hair loss until your follicles reach Anagen Stage.
- New Youyaner Detachable Complete Derma Roller Kit
Easily appear younger and avoid premature skin aging. Simple microneedle system (540 needles) for speedy reduction of scars, wrinkles and stretch marks. Includes 3 detachable dermaroller attachments + 5 Page How-to Guide + Travel Case.
- How to Use Derma Roller Correctly?
Warning: derma rolling is dangerous without proper instructions. DON’T perform micro needling session without reading this first! Topics include: 1) how to correctly use & maintain a roller 2) How often to perform skin needling 3) 4 derma roller side effects.
- Ultimate Derma Roller Guide
This is a FREE MUST READ guide for anyone looking to improve their skin drastically! Topics include: 1) What is micro needling 2) How to correctly use a roller 3) What is the best microneedle roller 4) Dermaroller reviews.
- How to Choose the Best Derma Roller Needle Size with Fast Result?
Should you try 0.5mm, 1.0mm, 0.75mm or 1.5mm micro-needle roller? New facts on needle size will help your prevent skin infection and damage. Important Pros and Cons revealed.
- Where to Buy a Derma Roller?
Should you buy a derma roller in stores? Where is the safest place to order a roller without paying an outrageous price? What do you look for in a product? Read and find out.
- What is Derma Roller Treatment?
How does skin needling work? Does it really stimulate collagen production by 1000%? Can it really improve serum and skin care product absorption by 10,000 times? Is it safe? Discover the important facts now!
- Does Derma Roller Work?
Does skin needling really work? Is it suitable for you? Many Amazon.com buyers experienced great skin improvements. Is it really effective or is it another scam? Read and find out.
- Best Derma Roller Reviews
Which is the best roller for less than $30? Examine the Pros & Cons of 7 popular dermarollers now.
- Top 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions & Answers on Skin Needling
Discover 10 commonly asked questions and answers related to skin needling. If you have a question on dermaroller, you will find your answer here.
- My Dermaroller Story
Dermaroller completely changed my self esteem. Read my personal story on this awesome device now!
- Skyrocket Your Derma Roller Results with 6 Secret Skin Care Products
Easily improve your derma roller results by 150% with 6 powerful secret products. Quickly reduce wrinkles and scars. Top anti-aging secrets revealed.
- Does Microneedle Roller Really Work for Acne Scars & Stretch Marks?
Microneedle Roller is a new anti-aging device that quickly reduce blemishes. Does it really work for acne scars and stretch marks? Is it safe?
- How to Use Numbing Cream for Dermarolling
Numbing cream can eliminate discomfort during a microneedling session. Learn 8 easy steps to 100% safe and pain free microneedle roller treatment.
- 10 Microneedling Benefits will Make You Buy a Dermal Roller
Does microneedling work? Is micro-needling better than chemical peels, laser and microdermabrasion for under $30? These 10 benefits will shock you!
- Important Pre Derma Roller Instructions to Prevent Ugly Side Effects
Microneedling can cause side effects. Follow these Pre microneedle instructions if you have abnormal skin conditions, have taken certain medications or had certain cosmetic treatments.
- Microneedle Roller Vs Cosmetic Treatments – Who is #1?
Microneedle roller offers skin rejuvenation benefits. Is it a better treatment than laser, chemical peels, botox, fillers, microdermabrasion and etc?
- Micro needling Post Treatment Side Effects
Discover what to expect after micro needling. What are the side effects? Following these instructions after a micro needle treatment will produce awesome results.
- Is Microneedle Roller Safe for Home Use?
Derma rollers are very popular for anti-aging therapy. Are they safe for home use? Can they treat your skin problems? Read and find out.
I hope you enjoy these micro needling tips with derma roller for hair loss.