How to Use Numbing Cream Effectively for Dermarolling
10 Easy Steps to Painless Derma Roller Treatment without Side Effects
There are many articles on dermarolling for wrinkles and derma rolling for acne scars, but very few are on numbing cream. One of the ways to eliminate microneedling or dermaroller treatment’s pain is with a numbing cream. There are a lot of products available, including Youyaner, Dr Numb, Numb Master, Topicaine, etc. They will work fine with a microneedling treatment because they contain Lidocaine. Lidocaine works well when you apply it before performing the treatment.
Table of Contents
|Does Microneedling or Dermarolling Hurt?||How to Use Derma Roller Numbing Cream|
|What You Should Know About Numb Cream||Numbing Cream Ingredients|
Microneedling doesn’t really hurt. Most people reported mild prickling sensation during a derma roller treatment. However, if you’re using a needle that’s bigger than 1.5 mm or your skin is really sensitive, you’ll need a numbing cream.
How to Use Derma Roller Numbing Cream
Important Note Before Using Numb Cream
It’s important to understand that if you’re allergic to Lidocaine (which is quite rare) or have very sensitive skin, you should first test the numbing cream on a small patch of skin such as the back of your hand. If there’s no allergic reaction, it’s safe to use on your face where it will dull your nerve endings.
DO NOT USE Numb Cream
- If you are allergic or sensitive to lidocaine
- If you are allergic or sensitive to Prilocaine
- If you are breast-feeding, pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- If you are on prescription or nonprescription medication
- If you are taking herbal or dietary supplement
- If you are allergic to foods, medicines, or other substances
- If you have had severe allergic reaction such as hives, rash, breathing difficulty or dizziness to anesthetic medicine
- If you have heart, kidney or liver problems
- If you have been very sick
As all topical numbing creams numb the nerve endings, you always want to make sure to use the product correctly in order to prevent any side effects. Here are the instructions that you should follow:
- Use your favorite facial cleanser to thoroughly wash your face.
- Pat your face dry with a towel.
- Since this is for dermarolling procedure, you only need a small amount of numbing cream.
- It is best to wear gloves or you may experience numb hands.
- Put on a pair of gloves then place some of the numbing cream in your hand
- You can rub a thin layer of it on your face.
- DO NOT Cover your face with cling wrap.
- Leave it on for between 15 to 20 minutes (no longer than 30 minutes at most).
- Never leave the numb creams on your face for more than 1 hour. Leaving it on longer will not boost the numbing effect. In fact, it can actually cause your nerves to become overactive and lead to uncomfortable treatment.
- You MUST wipe the cream off with a damp cloth before starting the dermarolling procedure. This will pevent the numbing cream from entering into the microchannels and cause side effects.
What You Should Know About Using Numbing Cream
When you begin dermarolling and you have properly applied your numbing cream, you’ll feel no pain (or at least very little) for 45 to 60 minutes, As time goes on, you’ll slowly start feeling the needle penetrate your skin. This will happen two to three hours later.
Also, if you leave the cream on your face for extended time periods, it won’t extend the numbing time. Actually, it can even lead to over stimulated nerves, and you will experience an unpleasant treatment.
Ingredients In Numbing Cream
Numbing creams are often referred to as topical anesthetic ointments. Doctors and dental surgeons have used them to help ease the pain of minor procedures throughout history. The primary ingredients are either Lidocaine or Prilocaine. 5% Lidocaine is the highest percentage approved by medical professionals.
- New Youyaner Detachable Complete Derma Roller Kit
Easily appear younger and avoid premature skin aging. Simple microneedle system (540 needles) for speedy reduction of scars, wrinkles and stretch marks. Includes 3 detachable dermaroller attachments + 5 Page How-to Guide + Travel Case.
- How to Use Derma Roller Correctly?
Warning: derma rolling is dangerous without proper instructions. DON’T perform micro needling session without reading this first! Topics include: 1) how to correctly use & maintain a roller 2) How often to perform skin needling 3) 4 derma roller side effects.
- Ultimate Derma Roller Guide
This is a FREE MUST READ guide for anyone looking to improve their skin drastically! Topics include: 1) What is micro needling 2) How to correctly use a roller 3) What is the best microneedle roller 4) Dermaroller reviews.
- How to Choose the Best Derma Roller Needle Size with Fast Result?
Should you try 0.5mm, 1.0mm, 0.75mm or 1.5mm micro-needle roller? New facts on needle size will help your prevent skin infection and damage. Important Pros and Cons revealed.
- Where to Buy a Derma Roller?
Should you buy a derma roller in stores? Where is the safest place to order a roller without paying an outrageous price? What do you look for in a product? Read and find out.
- What is Derma Roller Treatment?
How does skin needling work? Does it really stimulate collagen production by 1000%? Can it really improve serum and skin care product absorption by 10,000 times? Is it safe? Discover the important facts now!
- Does Dermaroller Work?
Does skin needling really work? Is it suitable for you? Many Amazon.com buyers experienced great skin improvements. Is it really effective or is it another scam? Read and find out.
- Best Derma Roller Reviews
Which is the best roller for less than $30? Examine the Pros & Cons of 7 popular dermarollers now.
- Top 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions & Answers on Skin Needling
Discover 10 commonly asked questions and answers related to skin needling. If you have a question on dermaroller, you will find your answer here.
- My Dermaroller Story
Dermaroller completely changed my self esteem. Read my personal story on this awesome device now!
- Skyrocket Your Derma Roller Results with 6 Secret Skin Care Products
Easily improve your derma roller results by 150% with 6 powerful secret products. Quickly reduce wrinkles and scars. Top anti-aging secrets revealed.
- Does Microneedle Roller Really Work for Acne Scars & Stretch Marks?
Microneedle Roller is a new anti-aging device that quickly reduce blemishes. Does it really work for acne scars and stretch marks? Is it safe?
- 10 Microneedling Benefits will Make You Buy a Dermal Roller
Does microneedling work? Is micro-needling better than chemical peels, laser and microdermabrasion for under $30? These 10 benefits will shock you!
- Important Pre Derma Roller Instructions to Prevent Ugly Side Effects
Microneedling can cause side effects. Follow these Pre microneedle instructions if you have abnormal skin conditions, have taken certain medications or had certain cosmetic treatments.
- Microneedle Roller Vs Cosmetic Treatments – Who is #1?
Microneedle roller offers skin rejuvenation benefits. Is it a better treatment than laser, chemical peels, botox, fillers, microdermabrasion and etc?
- Micro needling Post Treatment Side Effects
Discover what to expect after micro needling. What are the side effects? Following these instructions after a micro needle treatment will produce awesome results.
- Is Microneedle Roller Safe for Home Use?
Derma rollers are very popular for anti-aging therapy. Are they safe for home use? Can they treat your skin problems? Read and find out.
Microneedling or dermarolling treatment with a micro needle roller (derma roller system) is mild painful, but with numbing cream, you can enjoy your procedure without worries.